UCSPI for IPv6
What is ucspi-tcp6?
Dan Bernstein's UNIX Client-Server Program Interface, UCSPI is a cornerstone of reliable network communication under Unix.
IPv6 capabilities have been included by Felix von Leitner's
Based on some additional research at the University of Applied Sciences in Frankfurt/Main (Germany), now a full-featured version is available supporting in addition compactified IPv6 addresses and the well-known classless prefix-notation for IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
ucspi-tcp6 has been build to confirm with Dan Bernstein's slashpackage scheme and uses a binary-compatible CDB for communication control.
ucspi-tcp6 is a fork of Dan Bernsteins's ucspi-tcp 0.88 version, including:
- rblsmtpd Greetdelay add-on and removal of the compiled-in default-RBL,
- Felix von Leitner's's IPv6 patch ucspi-tcp-0.88-ipv6.diff19.bz2,
- Jens Wehrenbrecht's IPv4 CIDR extension, and
- Li Minh Bui's IPv6 support for compactified IPv6 addresses and CIDR notation support.
- Version 0.97 of ucspi-tcp6 provides a native understanding of IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses and supports the inverse IPv6 nibble format for rblsmtpd RBL and anti-RBL lookups.
- Interrogation mode is working now (option changed from '-I' to '-i').
- Greetdelay option reworked.
- Version 0.98: RBLSMTPD interrogation information is promoted now to the client; e.g. qmail-smtpd.
- Version 0.99: Added environment variables TCP6REMOTEIP, TCP6REMOTEPORT, TCP6REMOTEHOST; unified helper scripts for IPv4 and IPv6 operations.
- Version 0.99a: Fixed wrong command path in scripts (date@ ...); included description of TCP6* envrionment variables in man tcp-environ.
- Version 0.99.1: Fixed wrong hostname termination and thus wrong DNS lookup
(for mainly tcpclient).
Fixed wrong interface index parameter propagation (for tcpserver).
- Version 1.00: Final release. Fixed bug in tcpserver with core dump evaluating IPv4 addresses in the cdb running in the AMD64 environment (tx. John Levine). Fixed serveral flaws for AMD64 architecture.
- Version 1.01: Fix for tcpserver's paranoid IPv4 evaluation if a DNS AAAA exists in addition for the same FQDN.
- Version 1.02: Fix for a potential segfault in CIDR address evaluation.
Fixes for compiler errors and easier installation.
- Version 1.03: Fix for POSIX poll API returning negative numbers under some conditions; may result in occasional high load conditions running tcpserver.
- Version 1.04: Bugfix for wrong IPv6 flag in rblsmtpd even receiving data for IPv4 connections (tx. Sebastian)
- Version 1.04a: Convenience release for clang.
- Version 1.05: Bug fix for
abending if environment variable IP is not set.
Added OmniOS compatibility ;-)
- Version 1.06: Upon request, colons are permitted in tcprules's database as additional standard characters. This version is broken unfortunately, and thus 'depublished'.
- Version 1.10 is a complete redesign based on fehQlibs providing much better IPv6 compatibility; in particular for tcpserver. For convenience, the delimiter character for the tcprules database can be easily modified to your needs prior of compilation.
- Version 1.10.1 allows tcpserver to bind simultaneously to all available IPv4 and IPv6 addresses; even if the OS does not support this out-of-the-box.
|Version & Download||Description||Verification||ucspi-tcp6 1.10.1||This second 1.10 release requires fehQlibs-10|| MD5: 5d77a31239b5a728c94c6654c2307d46
|ucspi-tcp6 1.10||This first 1.10 release is based on fehQlibs|| MD5: 5faae60a0680f33e8468af9b08a071d2
|ucspi-tcp6 1.05||This fifth 1.0 release providing in particular compatibility with Solaris/OmniOS|| MD5: 098375a7116c6c6c6ba2407746ff51ac
|Server apps||Client apps||Miscellaneous|