UCSPI for IPv6
What is ucspi-tcp6?
Dan Bernstein's UNIX Client-Server Program Interface, UCSPI is a cornerstone of reliable network communication under Unix.
IPv6 capabilities have been included by Felix von Leitner's
Based on some additional research at the University of Applied Sciences in Frankfurt/Main (Germany), now a full-featured version is available supporting in addition compactified IPv6 addresses and the well-known classless prefix-notation for IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
ucspi-tcp6 has been build to confirm with Dan Bernstein's slashpackage scheme and uses a binary-compatible CDB for communication control.
ucspi-tcp6 is a fork of Dan Bernsteins's ucspi-tcp 0.88 version, including:
- All client and server programs are fully IPv6 capable; supporting compactified and IPv6 LLU addresses; in particular for tcpserver and tcpclient.
- The tcprules database allows a CIDR expression of IPv4/IPv6 addresses and of course the evaluation of those within tcpserver. The promoted environment variables may include colons.
- rblsmtpd supports the inverse IPv6 nibble format for RBL and anti-RBL lookups and an interrogation format together with the Greetdelay option.
ucspi-tcp6 is AMD64-enabled and running on a wide range of Unix systems including OmniOS and Raspian.
- Version 1.10 is a complete redesign based on fehQlibs providing much better IPv6 compatibility; in particular for tcpserver. For convenience, the delimiter character for the tcprules database can be easily modified to your needs prior of compilation.
- Version 1.10.1 allows tcpserver to bind simultaneously to all available IPv4 and IPv6 addresses; even if the OS does not support this out-of-the-box.
- Version 1.10.2 picks up the idea from version 1.06 allowing colons (:)
in environment variables and their use within the cdb.
Attention: The slashpackage installation prefix is now /package/net!
|Version & Download||Description||Verification||ucspi-tcp6 1.10.2||This third 1.10 release requires fehQlibs-10 and supports the use of colons ':' for environment variables while generating the cdb's with tcprules.|| MD5: 96c170e5a9b0ccd789a4b15bb1ca4365
|ucspi-tcp6 1.10||This first 1.10 release is based on fehQlibs|| MD5: 5faae60a0680f33e8468af9b08a071d2
|ucspi-tcp6 1.05||This fifth 1.0 release providing in particular compatibility with Solaris/OmniOS|| MD5: 098375a7116c6c6c6ba2407746ff51ac
Updated man pages:
|Server apps||Client apps||Miscellaneous|