UCSPI for IPv6
What is ucspi-tcp6?
Dan Bernstein's UNIX Client-Server Program Interface, UCSPI is a cornerstone of reliable network communication under Unix.
IPv6 capabilities have been included by Felix von Leitner's
Based on some additional research at the University of Applied Sciences in Frankfurt/Main (Germany), now a full-featured version is available supporting in addition compactified IPv6 addresses and the well-known classless prefix-notation for IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
ucspi-tcp6 has been build to confirm with Dan Bernstein's slashpackage scheme and uses a binary-compatible CDB for communication control.
The current version of ucspi-tcp6 provides the following features:
- All client and server programs are fully IPv6 capable; supporting compactified and IPv6 LLU addresses; in particular for tcpserver and tcpclient.
- The tcprules database allows a CIDR expression of IPv4/IPv6 addresses and of course the evaluation of those within tcpserver. The promoted environment variables may include colons.
- rblsmtpd supports the inverse IPv6 nibble format for RBL and anti-RBL lookups and an interrogation format together with the Greetdelay option.
- Dual-stack operation: tcpserver simultaneously accepts connections from IPv4 and IPv6 clients.
ucspi-tcp6 is AMD64-enabled and running on a wide range of Unix systems including OmniOS and Raspbian.
- Version 1.10 is a complete redesign based on fehQlibs
- Version 1.10.7 is a 'heritage' version carefully checked for correctness and conformance.
- Version 1.11.5 is the 'final' version now based on fehQlibs-15.
- Version 1.12.3 the 'never-say-never' version includes now the MAXCONIP feature and requires fehQlibs-18+ for GCC-10 compatibility.
ucspi-tcp6 posseses the following family tree:
- ucspi-tcp-0.88 is the orginal version of Dan Bernstein.
- ucspi-tcp6-0.9x added IPv6 and CIDR capabilities (in particular for IPv4) together with Greetdelay and IPv6 lookup for rblsmtpd.
- ucspi-tcp6-1.0x maintanence release with increased OS compatibility and (premature) colon-support in tcprules cdb.
- ucspi-tcp6-1.10.x code refactoring based on fehQlibs.
- ucpsi-tcp6-1.11 is ought to be the final version based on fehQlibs.
- ucpsi-tcp6-1.12 is a refactoring release for GCC-10 including the MAXCONIP feature.
|Version & Download||Description||fehQlibs version||Verification||ucspi-tcp6 1.12.3||The ninth (and already post-final) 1.12 takes advantage of fehQlibs-17+ to enjoy the GCC-10 compiler and to support the MAXCONIP feature.||fehQlibs-18+|| MD5: 421bee9f3940f5ecd68f95c47b3e78cc
|ucspi-tcp6 1.11.6a||The eights (and already post-final) 1.11 takes advantage of fehQlibs-15 in order to provide a better IPv4 and DNS client compatibility in particular using 'well known' hostnames like localhost. In addition, GCC 10 compliance is now given using fehQlibs-15.||fehQlibs-16 and fehQlibs-15|| MD5: 4e59d975055aaf5fa8cbea94fb76f92c
|ucspi-tcp6 1.10.7||This eights 1.10 release supports fehQlibs-12 while providing maximum conformance with previous versions; in particular for tcprules.||fehQlibs-10 or fehQlibs-12|| MD5: b7d5652cb41354e4886488465432d49e
ucspi-tcp6's source files are documented in doxygen.
Updated man pages:
|Server apps||Client apps||Miscellaneous|