My consulting services
- Network consulting: How to set up a network most efficiently, reliable, with sustained perfomance, and without additional efforts?
- System consulting: How to design and operate IT Systems such they support the goals of the enterprise and are recognized as beneficial and rather not bareley as cost factor?
- IT Security: In spite of human beings operating IT systems and networks; how shall those systems be set up to provide a qualified protection of data and information?
- IT Project Management: What are the preferred means to allow a fairly friction-free enabling of new systems and methods and how to assess and minimize the technological risks?
- Business-Centric: Focus are the customer requirements; the goals of the enterprise have precedence over standard solutions.
- Systemic: Without an interdependent understanding of the technical, operational, organisational, and perhaps legislative implications, it is impossible to design IT Systems properly.
- Sustained: The identified solution shall be sustained, thus neither should require specific additional efforts to operate, nor should it be easily compromisable, and -- by the same token -- complying to the standards of professional IT Systems.
Background and current Activities
- SW development: I develop (Public-Domain) software in a varity of programming languages; however in particular in 'C' for Internet applications running under Unix.
- Consulting: As freelancing consultant, I've been working for many different highly regarded companies and are familiar with their approaches.
- Teaching: Currently, I am teaching at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences .